Friday, December 24, 2010

Wedding Dress

I really had no interest in trying on wedding dresses when I first got engaged.  I kept saying, "I've gotta lose weight first."  Well 5 months later and only a few pounds less I realized my wedding is only 9 months away!! After watching every Say Yes to The Dress episode on TLC I was actually kinda excited about it.  I found a designer online named Maggie Sottero.  Her dresses are all so beautiful and very reasonably priced.  So I made an appointment a few Saturdays ago at a small bridal shop that carries her dresses.  I tried on so many that day.  Here are just a few...
8619 - Allure Bridal

Dijon - Blue by Enzoani

Hampton - Maggie Sottero

Sabelle - Maggie Sottero

Victoriana - Maggie Sottero

Ambrosia - Maggie Sottero
There were lots more I just can't remember all of their names.  Of course I can't say whether or not I bought one of these dresses or maybe I bought a completely different dress altogether.  (fiance might be reading) SO!  That's all I will say about dresses right now.  Oh but I gotta say, dress shopping was so fun.  I'm kinda sad I don't get to do it anymore.  :(   I think even after I'm married, some years down the line...I may go try on more..just for fun.  :)  hehe..

1 comment:

  1. I got to say that wedding dress shopping was a lot more fun than I thought. I figured you would be a bridezilla :) Now shopping for bridesmaids dresses has not been quite as fun. I've tried on more dresses than you can imagine. Sometimes Jaime narrows it down to a couple dresses and then has me try them on again. Just a sample of how dress shopping with Jaime is:
    Jaime - I like these two, can you try them on again?
    Me - Ok (puts on dress one)
    Jaime - Turn around, let me see the back. Now stand like your holding flowers. Ok now try on the other one.
    Niki - Ok (puts on dress two)
    Jaime - Turn around, let me see the back. Now stand like your holding flowers. Ok now try the other dress on again.
    Niki - Alright (puts on dress one again)
    Jaime - hmm, I can't decide, put the other one on again.
    Niki - Really? (puts on dress two again)
    Jaime - I don't know. (walks away and come back with another dress) Try this one on.
    Now you have an idea of dress shopping with Jaime is like. I'm guessing she might find a dress she likes on us sometime around July or August.

    written by Niki (Jaime's sister and maid of honor)

    ReplyDelete